Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning.
Special religious education
A special religious education (SRE) program is available at Menai High School for students whose parents / caregivers indicate their wish for them to attend.
Each year the school sends parents / caregivers a letter containing general information about SRE including the options available and the option to withdraw their child from participation.
The SRE program is run by authorised volunteers of approved religious persuasions during school time.
In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012